Page 81

This is a confession: Noah, I am very sorry for repeatedly stealing your candy, but you did leave it undefended and you had so much because of your annoying habit of not eating everything right away like I did. I’m sure you didn’t miss those 50 mini-Twix bars I stole.

Also, if you were a kid like me with hippie parents who didn’t allow sugar in the house, Halloween was the MOST AWESOMEST TIME EVER. Better than Christmas.

1. Vanessa says:

I love Lucy’s expression in panel three, lol!

…I admit, I was a candy hoarder. I inevitably still had candy from the earlier year in my bag when it came time to go trick or treating again, haha.

• Ara says:

Haha, me too. My youngest brother started raiding me, but that amateur left the wrappers in my candy bag. >:D

• Vanessa says:

LOL! I have two older siblings with enough of an age gap between us that my candy was pretty much always left alone. For me it was a lesson in not saving things to the point of never getting to use them when a year later they’re rotten!

Ooh, that is amateur. I was always super careful to never leave an obvious trace I was stealing candy from my brother. Which worked well, because apparently he never knew.

2. Noah Hicks says:

I HAD NO IDEA!
    Ahh well, I think at this point revenge would be pointless (and difficult across 1,800km). And you’re right, Halloween was the best time ever. I saved my candy because I wanted that magical time to last. You weren’t just stealing candy, you were stealing magic from me! :P

Hahah, well, my attempts at leaving no trace of my candy stealing apparently worked well! I was sure you knew. Ugh, but it was so ANNOYING. I tried SO HARD to save my candy. I set myself goals, like “I will not eat more than 5 pieces of candy a day,” and tried SO HARD to stick to them…. but I couldn’t. And you could, with your iron willpower or something. It drove me crazy. I don’t know how you did it. I was such a failure at candy hoarding.

3. snapdragon76 says:

I too was a candy hoarder, but since I didn’t have siblings, it was pretty safe.

And I love how this page coincides with the fact that Halloween is around the corner. ;D

Oh, my brother and I are both candy hoarders. Our little sister however, was not. We were good at keeping her from it. I got the most of her stealing for a little while, because we shared a room, but once she got her own room, the candy was mine! Until the summer when I didn’t want it anymore and just gave it to my siblings.

5. Tara says:

Ha! Yeah, my candy hoarding days ended when I was about 5… when my imaginary friend Pete decided to eat all of it in one sitting. Though somehow…I was the one that got sick. Hmmm.

My halloween costumes were always considered odd among my fairy princess peers: a ninja, a pirate, a geisha….

‘…Halloween was the MOST AWESOMEST TIME EVER.’

Probably not for your parents, though. Unless they snuck some tranqs into your Skittles.

Oh man, it was extra bad for me and my brothers too, because we weren’t used to sugar. So we’d be hyper, then have stomach aches, then be really depressed. Good ol’ white sugar! Love it.

7. Steph says:

My parents were mean to me and my sister. We had to combine all our candy into one gigantic stash and were only allowed so much per day. And our parents would eat some of our candy.

I used to eat some while I was trick or treating so they would have less to steal. I was all like “Om nom nom. My candy! MINE! Om nom.”

That is horrible. D: It is your god given right to eat all of your halloween candy and be sick and hyperactive for the next few weeks! It is the law of CHILDHOOD.

8. Gillian says:

I totally took from my sisters stash, especially when I ran out of my favorites and she had some left haha

9. Emma T Capps says:

I still trick or treat! Although my peers never get my costumes because I always either do anime cosplay or dress up as obscure literary characters…and my parents only allow me x amount of candy per day afterwards, until it’s all stale.

My parents knew better than to limit my candy intake. I was all about eating it all at once, and nobody was going to get in the way of that. XD

10. Drake Hunter says:

My family celebrates Halloween on even-numbered years and Mom’s birthday on odd-numbered years. And while I was always the hoarding type, making a Halloween stash last for 24 months is plain impossible. :P
    I’m a bit too old for trick-or-treating these days, but my younger siblings have always gifted me liberally with the best sweets from their bags. *evil laugh* Yes, I have trained them well. XD

Oh man, you mean you only got Halloween every other year??? D: I would die of sadness. It was my most favourite time of the year as a kid.

11. kat says:

My brother and I used to do this, except I was the hoarder and he was the thief. And he wasn’t very good at it. I used to catch him and beat him up all the time. Ah, the good old days, when my little brother wasn’t a great hulking brute who can pin me to the floor with one hand. :P

12. SMFoster says:

My little sister and I developed a system when I was, like, seven, by which we’d pool the candy and each get the same amount of each different kind, with the ones that one of us couldn’t stand and was the other’s favorite all going to one person. Yeah… We were, and still are, odd children. ;)